What is a decent DOCSIS3.0 modem with WiFi?

[]

Not if you have to get it from Download.com with its download wrapper prog.

Reply to
Kerr Mudd-John
Loading thread data ...

I like

formatting link
to check [Amazon] pricing on things. Just enter one or more keywords, search, select the item from the list, and you get a price history that goes back at least several months so that you can see if the current price is a good deal or not.

Reply to
Char Jackson

There are certain areas of Kansas City that have multiple (two) cable providers. As you mentioned, Google fiber is available in some areas as an overbuild, and in other areas there's a smaller ISP called Evergreen or Wintergreen, something like that, as an overbuild. The two big guys, though, Comcast and TWC, don't overlap each other. In general, Comcast has the Kansas side of the city and TWC has the Missouri side.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Same experience here. I always hear the stories about them blaming a customer-owned modem, but I've never experienced it.

Reply to
Char Jackson

I haven't checked in a long while, but I thought dd-wrt included the capability to do RADIUS, and thus WPA2-Enterprise.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Comcast is apparently doing away with personal web pages, so I assume that link will die at some point in the not too distant future.

Reply to
Char Jackson

All of my laptops are technically 'desktop replacements' and have always been wired. If I want wireless, I pick up a tablet. IMHO, wireless is too slow and unpredictable for everyday use.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Yep. I forgot about that. (click "enable").

The RADIUS and MySQL servers are usually external, but there are those hardy souls that have gotten it to work in firmware. Unfortunately, I gave up trying to make it work, and went to an external RADIUS server. I guess I should try again with some of the later builds (e.g. Kong).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Then, use the wayback machine. It's also on download.com but be careful of the evil wrapper:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Buongiorno Sig.ra/sig., sono un prestatore particolare io offro un prestito

rgente condizioni: Risiedere in Francia come noi anche - disporre di una fo

l mese. sapete che da noi, non avete alcun spese a pagare prima di avere il prato r s se la nostra offerta li interessa grazie: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
francesca.cortes02

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.