WGT624

Am I understanding you correctly ? you are pulgging one router into the WAN port of another router ?

If so, then stop. Its not going to work.

You can use teo router if you like, as long as you only have one of them issuing DHCP assignments, and doing any routing functions.

If you are sure that you want to use both, setup one as a router and then use the other as simply a switch. By doing this you will increase the amount of available ports. The 2nd router will need to be plugged into the LAN side of the 1st.

Feel free to elaborate, if I am missing the point here.

Email me if needed. snipped-for-privacy@goldkeynetworks.com

Reply to
Gold Key Technology Solutions
Loading thread data ...

have a netgear wireless router (WGT624) also have a d-link 302g. when i plug it into the wan port on router it is not detected, and cant even ping it, if i put in standard ethernet port it works, but then cant use auto config tools. thank you shaun g

Reply to
Shaun G

The D-link Is Only A modem, And Had DHCP Disabled. Isnt The Wan Port Designed To Have A Modem PLugged Straight into It? Thanks For Your Help Shaung

Reply to
Shaun G

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.