WGR614v2 doesn't send log

Hi folks,

I need a little bit of help. I have a WGR614v2 wireless router and have it set up to e-mail alerts and logs to me. However, I never receive any of them, even when I force a send of a log, or deliberatly go to a site that would trigger an alert. I have my domain and e-mail address set up properly I believe. Any ideas as to why I'm not getting the messages?

Thanks for any input. Gregg G.

Reply to
Gregg Gerwitz
Loading thread data ...

Well, the usual screwup is if the SMTP mail server requires authentication. That's your email address and password. I don't have a WGR614v2 handy to check the settings. However, as I recall, there is no setting on eMail page. ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/wgr614_ref_manual.pdf Pg 53. Yep. No way to authenticate outgoing email.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I can verify this. I even sent a message to Netgear about it, since most ISPs are requiring authentication now (which is a good thing) to prevent unknowns from using their services. The message I got back from Netgear is that they don't plan to implement the feature. Guess I shoulda gone with Linksys. Maybe next time.

Reply to
TV Slug

wgr614v4_ref_manual.pdf for my WGR614v4 also doesn't show the authentication options on the email page, but they are there on my router.

Send Alerts and Logs Via E-mail Send To This E-mail Address: Your Outgoing Mail Server: My Mail Server requires authentication User Name: Password:

I was successful in sending logs, but my ISP doesn't require authentication from known IP addresses.

Reply to
dold

authentication

Lucky you. I have the WGR614v5. Your model v4 must have been changed in the last firmware upgrade. I guess they forgot to carry it over to the newest model.

Reply to
TV Slug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.