westell 327W and DI-524 together

I have a Westell Versalink 327W wireless router from Verizon connected by wire to my computer. Can I use a D Link DI 524 wireless router as the access point for the Xbox?

Reply to
ASDRUBAL CRUZ
Loading thread data ...

Does your xbox have a wireless client or bridge connected to it?

Reply to
DLink Guru

Reply to
ASDRUBAL CRUZ

No I don't have a client or bridge. I just move the Westell 327W from my room to the living room and use a wire to connect the xbox for xbox live. I can't use the computer and the xbox at the same time this way.

I guess the question is can I use the DI 524 as a bridge for the xbox to the Westell?

Thanks

Reply to
ASDRUBAL CRUZ

Two suggestions for you:

1. Leave the Westell where it is and get a longer cable to the Xbox. I have a 30ft cable plugged in to one of the ports in the back of the Westell and I can use the PC at the same time. Do be aware that when you are online with the Xbox anything you do online with the PC will be slowed down.

1. Purchase a wireless gaming adapter. Still will be slow downs but no cable to trip over.

Reply to
Befuddled

Hi, no the 524 can not be used as a wireless client/Bridge for your Xbox. You would not use a Router/AP to connect your xbox to another wireless AP, what you want is a wireless bridge.

On the otherhand, you could use the ethernet ports on your 524. Connect the westell to your WAN port on the DI524 and your computer to one of the ethernet ports and your xbox to another of the ethernet ports.

Robert...

Reply to
DLink Guru

Thanks I guess I should just get the wireless gaming adapter.

Reply to
ASDRUBAL CRUZ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.