Web file storage and distribution

I'm sure I've seen this sort of thing, but can't find a reference. I'm looking for a way to distribute small numbers and kilobytes of files via the Web (or some other mechanism). Maybe 200kb, a handful of users who might each download once a year. I'd very much like to distribute Windows EXE files this way (some services don't allow EXEs). Users must be able to download, but not upload, files (administrators with an appropriate password must of course be able to upload). (Some services don't seem to support restricted users with read-only access -- ZNAIL otherwise looks interesting. You can use ZNAIL free for small amounts of space and downloads, with a monetary contribution giving you additional capacity. Totally free, with no requirement to contribute, for small capacity: I don't know whether it qualifies as freeware for this group.)

A URL which includes name and password would be nice. Ideally, I give someone a URL like

formatting link
and tell them to download a file or two to the desktop. I don't mind unauthorised outsiders DOWNloading. This could be either a pure service, or a service supported by software on remote machines.

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't need to be free; 30-day demoware or adware is OK, though other newsgroup members will be more interested in freeware. If there is an eventual cost, I don't want to pay for 5GB of space with megabytes per day of download.

Best wishes,

Reply to
Michael Salem
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.