WDS slows network down

Hi,

I have a BT Voyager 2100 connected to ADSL 1Mb connection. I also have an Apple Airport Base express base station connected to my stereo and my PS2, which also acts as a WDS repeater. I also have a desktop and laptop that connect to the network wirelessly. The funny thing is, before I had turned WDS on I was getting download speeds of

950-1000kbps via the ADSL connection, but having turned on the WDS I get speeds of 180-220kbps (all wireless).

The really weird thing I don't understand is that the slow download speed persists even when I'm connected wirelessly to the BTVoyager.

Is this right? Should WDS confuse things to this degree? I have both devices running on the same channel, but they have different SSIDs.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

Reply to
MikeGreenway
Loading thread data ...

On 9 Jul 2006 12:29:00 -0700, "MikeGreenway" wrote in :

802.11 repeaters cut speed in half, but that should still be more than fast enough for your full ADSL speed -- perhaps you've got some sort of interference.
Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.