WAP54G

I have this access point. In the setup theres a log function like there is in my router which I use WallWatcher to review if needed. I enable the logging function in the WAP and it shows me what I want while in the setup but I cant get it to report to WallWatcher. I have the IP address set to the computer I want the log packets sent to but it doesn't report so I think I may have the ports wrong. my router sends out log packets on port 162. Does anyone know what port the WAP uses? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Anonymoose
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, Anonymoose mused: | | I have this access point. In the setup theres a log function like | there is in my router which I use WallWatcher to review if needed. I | enable the logging function in the WAP and it shows me what I want | while in the setup but I cant get it to report to WallWatcher. I have | the IP address set to the computer I want the log packets sent to but | it doesn't report so I think I may have the ports wrong. my router | sends out log packets on port 162. Does anyone know what port the WAP | uses? Thanks for any info.

I don't believe the WAP54G is supported under WallWatcher.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Read the wallwatcher docs. It can only talk to routers that support either SNMP on port 162, or Syslog on 514.

>
Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.