WAP11 HW ver 2.6 SNMP management possible ?

I have 4 WAP11 hardware version 2.6 (Cisco branded, no USB port) firmware version 2.05 AUg 04. Can these beasts be managed by SNMP like the older 2.2 and 2.1 WAP11 ? I'm not looking to increase output power, just be able to manage and read network registers. These units will be used in a pair of long distance links and being able to manage/monitor via SNMP would be useful.

I have the Atmel access point manager v1.7.4.3 and it can see the access points but an SNMP get fails. The sticky part appears to be setting up a read/write community string to allow the access point manager software to login and all the docs I have seen on that for WAP11s makes reference to using the USB port and software. No USB port on these units, web management only.

There is info on the SeattleWireless groups site but the references links (andrewwakman) seem to be down. Anyone got the info here ?

TIA ! ... JT

Reply to
Jeff Tyler
Loading thread data ...

You should be able to use the SNMP manager just fine. I've even played around with the MG Mib Brower and raw SNMP get/set commands. The trick is to make sure you have the correct MIB. The older MIB from the 2.2 or older units simply will not work.

Reply to
<art

I was wrong, it's a v2.8 ! (firmware reports v2.6 HW but FCC ID is 2.8) Looks like I'm out of luck. No USB connection, no way to set a read/write community if snmp is even in there.

JT

snipped-for-privacy@unknownrealm.org wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Tyler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.