WAP recommendation

Hello

Can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap WAP that has a reverse SMA connector for an antenna and a signal strength indication (either in software or on the unit). 11Mbps will do.

Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim Sampson
Loading thread data ...

D-Link DI-514 router.

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

I would not recommend the D-Link 514, for 802.11b, the DI-614+ is a much superior router/AP. But for a couple of extra bucks, the DI-624 would bethe way to go. Mark

Reply to
drriff

hmmm, I cant find any refernece to the DI-614 on Dlinks website, and the DI-624 is a G router. I know its backward compatible, but he does want a reliable chaep B router, and I have seen the 514 onsale for under 20.00.

Also I dont know why you would not recomment the 514. I have used it for over a year and find it very easy to setup and forget about. I have WEP and WAP PSK enabled and it has a real world 60 foot very good signal streangth indoors.

When I added the DWL-M60AT external Antenna i have a solid 85 feet very good signal streangth.

So what is it about the 514 you dont like?

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

My bad - you are correct, the DI-614+ was just discontinued. You can still see the support page

formatting link
- Just click on the DI-614+ They advertise the replacement as the DI-524, but the 524 is a bit buggy in the firmware.

Reply to
drriff

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.