Wanted: Telus DSL-604+ console username/password

In Canada, Telus distributes the D-Link DSL-604+ all-in-one ADSL modem / router / switch / wireless device for use on the Telus Home Networking Service.

This variant of the DSL-604+ is supplied with Telus-specific firmware and a Telus-specific web-based configuration interface. The device is hardware Rev B2 and has an RS-232 console port. The current firmware is R6.10.b3t25.

It is also possible to connect to the device either directly (via the console port) or via Telnet. However, there is a username/password prompt.

Does any one know this console username/password ?

Note that it is not the same as the default admin/telus combination used on the web-based configuration.

I have asked Telus (who tell me they don't know!) and D-Link CA (who won't tell me).

Also, is anyone aware of any other firmware - apart from the Telus- specific firmware - for the Rev B model? It appears that it uses a different compression technique to the firmware for the Rev A model, so it's not just a question of loading the Rev A firmware which is available on many D-Link sites.

Many thanks in advance

Reply to
Richard Perkin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.