Want to know about channels

Hi ,

I am a student. Now i am doing my project in wi-fi. I want to know about channels in the wi-fi.Infact i have a big confusion in that channels. In my college we are a having a access point.My system can connect to that access point through any channels. won't it become as a hidden problem??????. Example: i am in channel 1 and my friend in channel 2 both of as can't hear each other.But accessing the same access point.How it is possible.In this type of system it is impossible to avoid the collision. You may think it as a stupid question. Somebody helpme .. If anybody know about good online e-books for 802.11 n/ws please send the link.It'll be very usefull for me.Thanyou...........

Gomathi.............

Reply to
Gomathi
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

It's best to help yourself before asking others, and as always, "Google is your friend:" Your question should be answered in the first few results. See also the FAQ for this newsgroup (link below).

Reply to
John Navas

I have nothing against students, but it's considered proper to do your online research first, and then ask for help. Not the other way around. It's your homework and your learning experience, not ours.

Let's make it easy. Download and read this from end to end. Intel Wireless Hotspot Deployment Guide:

ftp://download.intel.com/business/bss/infrastructure/wireless/deployment/hotspot.pdf It covers everything you've asked and lots more you haven't asked yet.

We also have an FAQ for this newsgroup:

formatting link
there's not much there and needs more user contributions. There are other Wi-Fi pages which are more useful:
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Sorry Jeff......

Gomathi...

Reply to
Gomathi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.