Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

In a snide and dismissive fashion - or does 'thanks, but you neither understood me nor could have helped me" count as thanks ?

Remember that you post so that OTHER PEOPLE can read it - and if they say its not clear, then its not. It doesn't matter how clear it is to /you/.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre
Loading thread data ...

Again, you missed a critical word, making your post nonsensical.

Newsflash: if you want to ask a quesion, ask it in the MESSAGE BODY. This isn't that hard to do. Not all newsreaders display the subject immediately adjacent to the message body, and even if they do, why expect people to read both?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

like a dark night in old london.

How the heck should we know why you say two apparently contradictory things in different parts of your post?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

It it was clear, ask yourself why several completely different people have said otherwise. Again, it may have been clear to YOU, but you're not hte target audience.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

So just to be clear here: you write a confusing and misleading post, and everyone else is supposed to try really hard to interpret your post.

Amusing.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

No, the bit where you said ""there is a restaurant less than three blocks away that i would like to access"

Irrespective of what some other part of your post said, this part, in the message body, clearly implies you want to access the restaurant system.

Irrelevant. All of this could apply either way, and even if not, how are we to know whether you understand what you need (and indeed, if you knew, why were you asking?).

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

The part where you said something completely different.

Pretend you didn't write that, by all means.

How should I know? Clueless idiots frequently mention all sorts of irrelevant stuff.

First of all, your statement above is false. Secondly when you've been on usenet a few years, you'll learn that newbies, fools and trolls love populating subject lines with useful stuff like "help", or "hello" or "Im stuck can anyone assist".

eventually

And insulted those trying to help but not understanding your confusing post.

In a pigs ear.

Ok, you're clearly too stupid, arrogant or downright rude to bother with. Into the bitbucket with you and your misleading thread

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

You lie. Jeff simply didn't read that bit, because it was posted in a part of the message that generally contains garbage.

The above merely proves you're a dissembling weasel.

How would you know? And if you do know, why are you asking for help?

Huh? Telling someone to 'go screw themselves' is profanity.

Good

In the sense that a scrabble set is complete - yet meaningless until you stick the letters togehter in the right order.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Then you are very very VERY stupid. As you reading into something that wasn't there. As you know the subject line said "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away " . You combine that with the fact I STATED I have internet access at home. IN fact that is the first sentence. LOL. Then I mention my router. I guess you know less than I thought. Just so you know, wireless routers are not used to access others internet connections. You're welcome.

Reply to
Discoduck

Clearly not as you keep saying more and more. Albeit garbage-but more and more garbage.

Reply to
Discoduck

Somehow you equate this argument to politics. So desperate. Life must be hard for you as you cannot stick to issues. I hope you don't have kids. So let me bring back on track. I stated "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away" Doesn't get clearer than that. ESPECIALLY in the context used. Stating I have internet at home, my router model, my questions, etc. Yup, clear as a crystal.

Reply to
Discoduck

Actually no more words were required. You see I stated "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away" Doesn't get clearer than that, Dana.

I stated "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away " I also stated I had internet at home (which you admit). I also state my router model, etc.

It was clear. Other have admited had they read the subject line and the rest of the body of the post, the would have understand. But you have a weird policy of ignoring subject lines. How do you find books if you don't read titles? Newspaper articles?

Reply to
Discoduck

IT sure does if they started the snideness with "Why not buy your own internet connection? Now there's an idea.... " When in fact my very first sentence consisted of "I have the Internet at home".

It is and was. Except to those that chose to ignore subject lines, or out of CONTEXT!!

Reply to
Discoduck

No, I equate your arguments as typical of ignorant leftists.

Reply to
Dana

Reply to
Dana

Then you have cataracts.

As someone else pointed out: CONTEXT!!!!!!!! I stated "I have the Internet at home" and "My home is higher than the resteraunt so I hope that helps." and "Any suggestion how to do this or what to buy? Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router" It all points towards one thing, as the subject line cleared stated "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away"

Reply to
Discoduck

Hey LOOK AT THIS!!? From someone who just wrote "In a snide and dismissive fashion..." LOL. Irony at its best.

Why expect people to read subject lines? That is a retarded question. But I will answer it for you. So they know what the topic is. Simple. If thier newsreader does not dispay subject lines, then it is up to them to get a proper reader.

Reply to
Discoduck

It was clear. If it was unclear someone would have said :"'m sorry but I do not understand your question." Instead someone wrote "Why not buy your own internet connection? Now there's an idea.... " when in fact I stated as my VERY FIRST SENTENCE. When i pointed that out, he took exception again. And then later admitted had he read the subject line, things would have been better.

Reply to
Discoduck

There was nothing confusing or misleading about it. Here it is again: subject: Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

"I have the Internet at home,"

There you have it. CLEARLY STATING I HAVE IT AT HOME. "but there is a restaurant less than three blocks away that I would like to access. My home is higher than the resteraunt so I hope that helps. "

More detail to help answer the question.

"Any suggestion how to do this or what to buy? " Here I am asking what to buy to capture my connection at home.

" Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router."

As you can read here (hopefully) I state my router. How on earth can one capture another internet connection with the above device? Why would the writer volunteer that information if he wanted to hack into anothers connection? He can't. You should know this.

"Do I need a whole new router or can I buy a booster of some sort? "

So now I suppose you thought I meant a booster so I can break into the restaurant after hours and secretly attach it to THIER router? LOL. What a maroon.

Reply to
Discoduck

You see, here lies the problem. You don't read posts. You read arbitrary selected text from posts. You need to read the WHOLE post for context (As someone kindly pointed out).

Again: There was nothing confusing or misleading about it. Here it is again: subject: Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

"I have the Internet at home,"

There you have it. CLEARLY STATING I HAVE IT AT HOME. "but there is a restaurant less than three blocks away that I would like to access. My home is higher than the restaurant so I hope that helps. "

More detail to help answer the question.

"Any suggestion how to do this or what to buy? " Here I am asking what to buy to capture my connection at home.

" Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router."

As you can read here (again) I state my router. How on earth can one capture another internet connection with the above device? Why would the writer volunteer that information if he wanted to hack into another's connection? He can't. You should know this.

"Do I need a whole new router or can I buy a booster of some sort? "

So now I suppose you thought I meant a booster so I can break into the restaurant after hours and secretly attach it to THIER router?

The ENTIRE OTHER PART OF THE POSTS CLEARLY STATES OTHERWISE. INCLUDING THE IMPORTANT (don't forget this) subject line.

No it is entirely relevant. No it can't go the other way. You cannot grab another's router signal via your router. I'm surprised you don't know that. That router SEND signals, not grabs them. Oh and since you still are not grasping the question (yet still arguing) I was asking how do I access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away.

Reply to
Discoduck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.