Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

That you know you goofed up.

Reply to
Dana
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dana

It is just amazing how so many people in this news group read your messages and and still drew the conclusion that you wanted to access the restaurant network. Funny that only you seems to think the way you wrote the message was crystal clear.

Reply to
David

So why did you feel the need to send this message twice within 9 minutes of the other?

Reply to
David

| > I sit corrected. | > So are you just trying to do this to learn how to do it and the restaurant | > is your target? Or do you have a lagit reason to be on their network? | > just curious. | >

| > Adair | | I don't want to be on thier network. I don't even know if they have a | wireless connection. I just want to access my Internet connection | from there since I frequent it.

Since restaurants prohibit the importation of goods from outside (not provided by the establishment) what makes you so sure that the rule does not apply to internet services?

Would that act come under the terms of laws covering 'theft from an inn keeper'?

Reply to
NotMe

In his perfect, M C Esher, world it's all down hill.

Reply to
NotMe

| > > On Jul 21, 5:02 pm, "NotMe" wrote: | > >> "Discoduck" | > >> | | > >> | It sounds like you didn't understand the problem so you couldn't have | > >> | solved it anyway. | > >> | You're welcome. | >

| > >> Lets see you came with a problem seeking a solution. | >

| > >> By not stating the nature of the problem clearly there was a | > >> misunderstanding and the results did not adequately address your | > >> concerns. | >

| > > This is were you are wrong. | >

| > No, it is you who is wrong. | | No, you're wrong there too, Dana. I'm losing track of how often | you've been wrong. Lets just make it an even 10 times now. | >

| > >> And the fault is the perception of those trying to solve your problem? | >

| > > Close. I was clear. | >

| > No you were not. | | Sure was. Crystal clear. | >

| >

| >

| > >> I might suggest 'take out ordering'. Might be some delta T (temp) loss | > >> in | > >> the transition but the rf link should be quite strong. | >

| > > No idea what this means. | >

| > We can tell. | No you couldn't, until I mentioned it. You're just desperate to | switch topics now to inflame this thread. So be it. | | And you're fat.

People can lose weight but as that country comedian says seems to apply to you quite well 'You can't fix stupid'.

Reply to
NotMe

Why would I want to do that when I have an internet access at home.

Reply to
Discoduck

After reading all the otehr posts, I'll toss this idea in.

If you have a vehicle, try using a mobile bridge.

Reply to
DTC

Yeah, it was-abundantly. For example, EVEN the subject said "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away" Then when you get into the details, man oh man it becomes clearer and clearer.

Reply to
Discoduck

Not amazing at all. You are a close knit group here. So when Adair wrote "Why not buy your own internet connection? Now there's an idea...." and I proved him wrong (which he as subsequently admitted), he got defensive. Furthermore when I pointed towards the other evidence it annoyed his allies. It reading it again, it is in fact, clear. You can't get clearer than "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away"

Of course you appear to be mildly retarded so I think nothing would suffice for you, Dana.

Reply to
Discoduck

Ah, the old "shift the issue" trick. But I'll bite. There was a minor error in the original which I corrected in the second. I figured (quite correctly) you would latch onto anything to try and shift the original issue (like you did here).

Reply to
Discoduck

Ah, no they don't. Quite a moronic statement. But of course switch the issue, if you must. Just remember, my original post was clear.

Stealing from myself, I don't think so.

Reply to
Discoduck

What a bizarre and odd remark. I had no idea you would get THAT desperate. Oh, let me guess! You're comment would be "NotMe"? Well it is you.

Reply to
Discoduck

Then you have no hope. Best put yourself in a landfill with the other broken items. Remember, I was very clear. (you may try and change the topic again with insults, but I will always remind you of how wrong you were).

Reply to
Discoduck

No, my next argument is that you are really thick between the ears and are in a conatant state of denial. As for the technical part of your problem, I suggest you buy a cheap wireless router, waterproof it, make a directional antenna for it, mount it on your roof pointing toward the resturant, connect it to your current router using cat5 cable, with four conductors wired for a

10baseT connection, and two other conductors used to supply power from the wall wart to the router.
Reply to
Si Ballenger

Then I shall prove that too, false. You see I was clear from the beginning. You are just expressing frustration At the fact I was right all along. So then you resort to the old fashioned stand-bye-- insults.

As for the technical

Why, thank you.

Reply to
Discoduck

Oh shut up.

Reply to
Warren Oates

The note was not clear.. You did not properly tie the subject in with the body. You jumped me for not admitting I was wrong.. There is an entire group saying you were wrong and you still haevn't admitted it. Get over yourself and lets get back to the original question however I really don't think anyone is interested in helping you. I also don't think there are any good ways to make what you want happen, happen. Not without large antennas, poles/towers and more equipment. unless you can clearly see the roof of the place from your house then MAYBE it might work.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Even tho you have the internet at home it still makes it sound like you want to figure out how to use the restaurants connection.

Two words in your OP would have made all the difference.

I have the Internet at home, but there is a restaurant less than three blocks away that I would like to access it from.

Reply to
Adair Winter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.