Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

No it was not.

Reply to
Dana
Loading thread data ...

No matter what you say now, your original post stated you wanted to access the restaraunt's system.

Reply to
Dana

That was not in the body of your post. What you stated in the body of your post, is that you wanted to access the restaurant's internet connection. Maybe english is your second language.

Reply to
Dana

You must be a liberal leftist

Reply to
Dana

No, it is you who is wrong.

No you were not.

We can tell.

Reply to
Dana

So then I was correct. You did not understand "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away" or the fact I mentioned I had internet access at home, or my router model. That's as clear one can possibly be. I can't help your lack of understanding.

I'm not going to count, but my guess is

Well I did include the model #. The HW or firmware version were irrelevant for my question.

Uh, yes there was. I stated "Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router" As as indicated the other information was irrelevant. You are correct. I do not drag my desk top to the restaurant.

LOL. Very funny (although I used no profanity, for the record)

Well I use the subject for its purpose-the subject. The body of the message was complete. Again I cannot help it if you choose to ignore subject lines.

Done. I await your response.

Reply to
Discoduck

Correct and I wrote "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away" I further wrote "I have the Internet at home" and "Any suggestion how to do this or what to buy? Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router. Do I need a whole new router or can I buy a booster of some sort? "

The only logical assumption is that I "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away".

I was indeed correct. Two people here have admitted had they read the subject line, they would have understood. Technical writers can only assume the reader has a remedial understanding of grammar. So as you said, suck it up. You were wrong in what you thought you read. The note was perfectly clear. Let me guess, your next argument will be subject lines and content are irrelevant

Reply to
Discoduck

Yup. Even my tired brain knows intellect when it comes in roses. To insult Jeff is to piss off the pope. Don't do it unless you're a Buddist or some nut job.

Reply to
Travis McGee

Lets see, I guess i have to copy and paste the entire post for your to "get it.

Subject: Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

"I have the Internet at home, but there is a restaurant less than three blocks away that I would like to access. My home is higher than the restaurant so I hope that helps. "

as you can see here I clearly state I already have internet access. so for you to think I want two connection, is kinda weird. I also state some information that would hopefully help you understand where I am

Any suggestion how to do this or what to buy? Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router. Do I need a whole new router or can I buy a booster of some sort?

So again, why on earth I would state my current router to access another connection, doesn't make sense. But somehow it did to you. That's called rationalizing. Same with asking about another router or booster. My acquiring these things has no bearing whether I can access anothers connection.

Reply to
Discoduck

Yes it was-abundantly. "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away" You'll notice it does not say "Want to access a restaurants connection

2-3 blocks away. " You'll also notice I stated I have a connection. Further more I state model information. I even ask a question about how to access my own connection.
Reply to
Discoduck

You mean "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away " or "Any suggestion how to do this or what to buy? Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router. Do I need a whole new router or can I buy a booster of some sort? "

Those to you suggest I want to hack the restaurants connection? Then you know less than most people about wireless networks.

For you to ignore all the clear statements, is desperate indeed.

Reply to
Discoduck

It is becoming clearer Dana, that perhaps you have downs syndrome. So you ignore subjects lines? When looking for a book, do you ignore titles too? You also ignore details in the body of the text such as " have the Internet at home," "Currently I have a D- Link AirPlus G DI-524 802.11g/2.4GHz Wireless Router. " "Do I need a whole new router or can I buy a booster of some sort? "

Reply to
Discoduck

Eeeeech, desperate indeed to try and bring politics into this.

Reply to
Discoduck

No, you're wrong there too, Dana. I'm losing track of how often you've been wrong. Lets just make it an even 10 times now.

Sure was. Crystal clear.

No you couldn't, until I mentioned it. You're just desperate to switch topics now to inflame this thread. So be it.

And your fat.

Reply to
Discoduck

Such as yourself? How long have you been out?

Reply to
Discoduck

No, you're wrong there too, Dana. I'm losing track of how often you've been wrong. Lets just make it an even 10 times now.

Sure was. Crystal clear.

No you couldn't, until I mentioned it. You're just desperate to switch topics now to inflame this thread. So be it.

And you're fat.

Reply to
Discoduck

"Travis McGee" hath wroth:

Chuckle. I don't really solve problems. It's not *my* problem. I offer suggestions and explanations to those asking questions. They can then solve their own problems. On the other hand, my customers pay me to solve their problems, which is quite different.

You are right about the "that he cares about" part. Since I'm not getting paid for this, I get to choose which problems I want to solve. I take the easy ones and let the real experts take the tough ones.

Huh? I'm Jewish. What's a pope?

This discussion reminds me of something I learned the hard way while attending an EST meeting a long time ago. I was late and got into a polite argument with the "guard" at the door over my being late. The argument went on for about 10 minutes while the meeting proceeded inside. I soon got the point. Give up on the useless discussion outside, so I can attend the more interesting and important discussion inside.

Anyway, don't worry about insulting me. I'm immune to most insults. The only thing that gets me really irritated is my screwing up a trivial arithmetic calculation by 3 decimal places today. Argh.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

So you admitt that you wrote you wanted to access the restaurants internet access

Reply to
Dana

No,it was not

Reply to
Dana

Reply to
Dana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.