Wal-Mart

I was looking for a pci wireless card for my 3rd puter cheap. I saw at wall mart they had 802.11g cards for $39.35, not bad but I don't need the speed. So I looked at their 802.11b Linksys card. Should be cheaper right? No, also $39.95. Don't they know the difference? The 802.11b should be 15 bucks now.

Reply to
Rodney Kelp
Loading thread data ...

The Officedepot and Staples weekly sale fliers are the places to look for cheap rebated wireless adapters.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Microcenter had or has a D-Link 514 (b) plus adapter, maybe card, for $15 for both after rebates. Best Buy or Circuit City usually has rebates on them too. Last week it was a D-Link 524 (g) for $20 after rebate for the router and maybe even on the adapter also.

formatting link
?product_id=26870 Here is a USB one for $20 after rebate
formatting link

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

a dlink 514 is a wireless router, not an adapter.

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

True, but if you bought both the 514 router AND the adapter (which is why I had that 'plus' in my post) then your total cost would only be $15 after rebates. The adapter would be free plus $5 more towards the router. ;-) Now is that a deal or what? I also indicated a USB adapter too. Just indicating that deals are out there on a lot of different wireless equipment if you keep your eyes open, but sometimes it may be to your advantage to buy a kit or multiple items to get the best deal out there.

The OP might want a card to slip on his MB or maybe even a USB adapter. ;-) later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.