VPN Dial-in dialog keeps popping up after disconnecting Linksys WRT54GL

Dear all,

set up a new WLAN at home today using a Linksys WRT54GL. Everything works just fine, including VPN to my company, but this unresoleved issue of the VPN login dialog which keeps on popping is pretty annoying. Having VPN turned on all the time is not an option, I don't want to route my private stuff through the company (which above all is in another country).

The problem has been described and answered (bot not solved ) in

formatting link
I am having pretty much the same exact problem with a VPN dialog that keeps popping up after I disconnected from a successfully established VPN to my company

Anybody an answer to this yet?

Thank you very much for your suggestions in advance tyler

Reply to
Tyler
Loading thread data ...

"Tyler" hath wroth:

What are you using to connect to the VPN? MS PPTP? An IPSec shim? One of the Secureware programs?

What is the "title" of the window that pops up? It's on the top line of the popup window. Please do NOT paraphrase.

Actually, it appears to have been solved. The line is at the bottom of the above thread is the clue: Jerry Park had suggested changing the connections order. I did that on both computers and now I'm not getting the annoying pop-up that asks me to connect to some dial-up connection.

That means that the above popup window is probably not the dialer window (as was originally assumed), but is either the terminal dialup login dialog window or the network (domain) login. You describe it as the "VPN login dialog" which might be a different window. What's the title at the top of the window box?

Control Panel -> Network -> PPTP connection icon Right click and select "Properties -> Options" Uncheck "Include Windoze Logon Domain".

Well, that could also be the dialer. The VPN shim is still active when you disconnect. It thinks it has lost the connection or route and tries to reconnect. How are you disconnecting? By logging out of the remote VPN server, or just closing the VPN shim?

Control Panel -> Internet Options Check the box with "Never dial a connection".

If you're using something other than the MS PPTP VPN shim, the dialer may have a "reconnect if connection is lost" setting or something similar.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.