VPN Authentication Problems on Wirless Network

I am taking a shot in the dark that someone here can help.

I am new to IBM and having difficulty getting the ATT Global Network Dialer (VPN) to work over my wireless system.

If I Right Click "My Network Place" and go to Properties and "Right Click" on both my AGN Virtual Network Adapter and Wirless Network Connection - shut off "Net Firewall Service", reboot and then turn the service back on - I can log in my VPN - *But only once*.

If I then diconnect, and try to reconnect I run into the same problem where the VPN cycles through trying to authenticate over and over again.

I am running through Bellsouth DSL with a 2WIRE DSL Modem and Wirless Router. The T41p Thinkpad is picking up the 11b signal at good to excellent strength.

Currently under the VPN Configuration I have two odd things checked in the "Misc" section:

1) Negotiate UDP Encapsulation with VPN serverfor NAT Transversal 2) Authenticate via HTTP for IPSec 3) MTU is set at "Default" which is reccomended. I did some basic pinging w/o fragmentation loss at 1464 when I was playing around last night.

I set up my own home network and know enough to make me dangerous, but in no way am and expert - so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Reply to
madzambonis
Loading thread data ...

I have been working with customers who are current SBC Global DSL customers. I was recently told by a 2 Wire Tech that protocols 50 and 51 were not supported on these routers and would not pass through. Terminating a VPN behind this equiptment would not work. In these case I have been. Purchasing vanilla DSL modem from local tech shop. Placing VPN capable router ( we use Cisco equiptment) behind modem and terminating PPPOE.

Reply to
Sony990

Hamachi is a peer-to-peer VPN system which uses their directory server to find the end points. I'm not thrilled with the security implications of requiring the use of their "backend" servers:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Download and use Hamachi VPN it's free and works great

-- JM

Reply to
JM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.