vizio e552vle stream from PC

I need the help of some hackers or something. If my TV can to Netflix and Y= ouTube,then it can stream from my windows 7 computer.

Here is what is happening. I turn on the TV brand new factory setup. I scroll through the web apps ins= talled. I get to media the TV has USB ports so I know I have something ther= e, I connect the USB and it pops up and populates. I see my computers on my= network. I connect to them. It will not show any files: no pictures no mus= ic no video. I turn off the TV and turn it back on and it doesn't want to f= ind my computers anymore. I do a factory reset and it finds my computers ag= ain, I turn it off and on again and the same situation. The TV is programed= to block my network and is suppressing the ability to stream from my PC to= my TV please help me find a work around. (If I wanted to put everything on= a USB and run back and forth then I wouldn't be asking for help.)

TV MODEL Vizio e552vle

Reply to
yadalda
Loading thread data ...

What mechanism are you expecting it to use to find files on your computers? Have you tried looking for firmware updates for it?

Reply to
alexd

YouTube,then it can stream from my windows 7 computer.

installed. I get to media the TV has USB ports so I know I have something there, I connect the USB and it pops up and populates. I see my computers on my network. I connect to them. It will not show any files: no pictures no music no video. I turn off the TV and turn it back on and it doesn't want to find my computers anymore. I do a factory reset and it finds my computers again, I turn it off and on again and the same situation. The TV is programed to block my network and is suppressing the ability to stream from my PC to my TV please help me find a work around. (If I wanted to put everything on a USB and run back and forth then I wouldn't be asking for help.)

Hacker, no. You need a DLNA router, such as the Dlink unit. It has a USB port that you can hook up Network Attached Storage, and it will support DLNA feeds to the Visio TV. I don't believe that DLNA is supported on your PC drives or Operating systems.

Reply to
Rich Johnson

Try running Serviio on your computer. It's free; it's a Java application. It's easy to set up. If that doesn't work, then your tv isn't UPnP/DLNA/whatever compatible.

formatting link

Reply to
Warren Oates

No DLNA support.

Nothing found for Vizio on the DLNA search site:

The easiest way to obtain this feature is to add a stand alone media player:

which will do everything your Vizio TV should have done.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

That last link is a pretty good article. I have the WD Live. Unfortunately, Playon and TVersity are Winders-only products; I understand that they're very good.

For the unwashed, there's Mediatomb, which works, but isn't under "active" development (although they claim that they'll get back to it once they've finished college or something).

formatting link
It's a bit picky to set up, and it's incredibly insecure -- it exposes your filesystem to god and everyone. But it works, and if you enjoy tinkering with XML files ...

I mentioned Serviio in a previous post.

The WD Live supports Samba, and I was using it that way until Apple destroyed Samba in their latest big upgrated (10.7.x, or Lion). So I moved to UPnP/DLNA and I'm glad I did. It seems much smoother. Although, that's probably the subjective Warren-benchmark-suite "Hmm. Seems smoother."

Reply to
Warren Oates

One of my customers has a WD Live Plus. He like to buy something at Costco, use it for a month to see if it's any good, and then exchange it for something else if it sucks. He's keeping this one. Every few weeks, there's a firmware update which adds features and/or stations. WD seems to be putting some effort into this product. I try to stay away from video, audiophiles, and piracy which seem to go together.

My customers use Windoze, so I use Windoze. Follow the money, etc.

I have Playon server running on my laptop for testing multicast wireless streaming. Let's just say we have a long way to go.

I didn't know about that one. I'll try to break it.

DLNA is probably smoother. Samba was optimized for bi-directional interactive data in short bursts while DLNA was made for unidirectional streaming. (I'm guessing here).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.