vista wireless laptop and wii

hi all need some help configuring my dlink524 router, it is connected to a cable modem )low high speed)..ethernet cable ,,, running to vista desktop (main computer), also cable running to old xp home premium desktop which hasnt been able to connect. In another room is a wireless wii gaming system,,, and upstairs is a laptop xp home premium. The connection has been intermittent and unstable, so had the cables all replaced and a new updated box (outside). The connection stays put for a while then unconnects.. there is either a very weak signal coming thru or not at all. I realize that the strength varies... but the three systems were running somewhat. THe modem and everything was unplugged, and a direct connection was made for awhile. Now I am having trouble again , configuring the router back to what it was so at least 3 of the connections can be fixed. Can anyone plze tell me how to go thru this step by step in order to set the system up so ... the wii recognizes the connection, the vista stays online,,,, and the wireless laptop upstairs can really be wireless and not have cables running up the walls,,,, constantly getting plugged and unplugged thanks for your help.........and what to do to set up a protevted wep encription from the vista... so the other two can pick up the signal... and not someone from outside //much appreciated Vid

Reply to
vid
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.