Vista's WIFI manager is very annoying! Any alternatives?

I'm in an apartment building, there are 100s of AP's around here. When I open Vista's wifi connection manager it is refreshing itself once every second or so, and sorting it by the strongest signal. So every second the list updates and shifts around, new AP's show up on the top of the list for a second, then disappear.

This is *extremely* annoying when you need to find the AP that is 20th or 40th on the list. By the time you scroll down a bit through the list, it refreshes and sends you back to the top. I'm using an ALFA usb card, it's crazy strong so it picks up tons of signals, but unfortunately I don't think they have their own connection manager that I can download like with some other cards...

So what are my options? Is there a freeware connection manager that anyone could recommend? Is there a way to make Vista stop refreshing this damn list every second?

Reply to
Dennis
Loading thread data ...

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 21:33:24 -0700 (PDT), Dennis wrotd:

Dennis... see your email.

Reply to
Froggie the Gremlin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.