Verizon sues FCC, says "net neutrality lite" rules illegal

In a perfect world it would. As example at one time land line companies could control what you sent over a copper pair. After the Carter Phone decision, for the most part, that ability went away.

Reply to
NotMe
Loading thread data ...

No it does not control how much the ISP can charge for bandwidth nor how much you might be willing to pay. What it does mandate is that the ISP can't differentiate based on content, and more so who's content.

TW in NC is pushing a bill that would prohibit municipalities from setting up community owned facilities. This came about after TW and other carries 'declined' to service areas that wanted service as 'not economical to service' who them set up to do the deed themselves.

Reply to
NotMe

Where did you get THAT idea?

Reply to
NotMe

You got there first but that's a response I really really want to read.

>
Reply to
NotMe

Exactly. Apparently, Net Neutrality got completely redefined while I was in the bathroom, metaphorically speaking.

Reply to
Char Jackson

It's not fair if you get to use your very own definition of Net Neutrality. Hint: your scenario above has nothing to do with it.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Meanwhile, at the alt.internet.wireless Job Justification Hearings, Char Jackson chose the tried and tested strategy of:

Any attempt to infringe on the rights of corporations to f*ck their customers over must immediately be equated with a Marxist-Leninist planned economy. I mean, it's not like there's any difference between regulating markets and imposing communism, and anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously some sort of fifth-columnist commie pinko red menace.

Reply to
alexd

Thanks for connecting the dots for me. It makes sense now. :-)

Reply to
Char Jackson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.