Using Yagi ANtenna to Share WIFI...

I have a yagi antenna and I would like to set it up so I can pickup my Wifi signal in my garage instead of running a cable and all...

So I have an access point connected to my router and have the yagi antenna connected to the access point. I can receive the signal outside my garage fine, but inside the signal is next to nothing.

Can I setup another antenna or something by the garage to bring the signal into the garage?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
swalsh19
Loading thread data ...

You have a router (unnamed), some how connected to an AP (unnamed) some how hooked to a yagi.

You forgot to tell us what is in the garage.

My suggestion I think it would be a better idea to put AP the in the attic of the house (if it is indeed a house with an attic) and make a reflector for the stock antenna to make it directional.

formatting link
I would then put the yagi outside the garage and point it at the houses attic. I can't assist on how to connect the yagi because I don't know what you have to work with.

Reply to
curly Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.