Using my Wireless Laptop as a internet connection for my DVD/TV Ethernet connections

Hi

I have a wireless laptop that is set up and permanently connected to my tv and amp etc. It is used to view downloaded content, videos, music etc and played through my TV.

My TV and HD-DVD Player both have Ethernet sockets for updating their firmware. Is there anyway I can connect the devices two my wireless laptop (using the laptops Ethernet socket) and then update my firmware etc.

Is it just a matter of connecting them together using a CAT5 Ethernet cable or do I need to change a setting on the laptop to allow this to happen??

Thanks

HT

Reply to
Yashaan Mavalvala
Loading thread data ...

Are you sure those are ethernet, and not USB? What product model numbers do you have?

Reply to
dold

On 31 Jan 2007 13:10:37 -0800, "Yashaan Mavalvala" wrote in :

If they are truly Ethernet (which would surprise me), and if they support DHCP, then you may be able to get them online by enabling ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in your laptop.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.