Using both wired and wireless connection on laptop coming from different routers

Hello. I live in a dorm type enviornment (barracks - soldier in the army) and have a wireless connection coming into my laptop that supplies me with internet from a guy down the hall. Yesterday, I hooked up my personal Linksys router to the LAN connection so that I could run my NeoDigits Helios X3000. The X3000 streams video, music and pictures from the computer through the network onto any television set, including HiDef. Anyways, when I enable my LAN connection so that I have both, LAN and wireless, enabled, I can no longer surf the internet. The connection over the LAN to the X3000 is fine. The only thing I can figure, is that since both the internet and the X3000 use TCP/IP connections, all programs automatically try to access the internet through the LAN instead of the wireless connection. How can I change this?

Thanks in advance, Benjamin

Reply to
BKnibbe
Loading thread data ...

On 20 Apr 2007 04:11:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

What OS? If Windows, the route "metric" determines which network connection will be used, so you'll need to set the metric to give Wi-Fi priority over wired. Then use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) to extend the Wi-Fi connection to the wired port.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.