USB Wireless Adapter not recognized

Hi there, I've come to a dead end with this issue: I recently purchased an Asus WL-167G Wireless USB Adapter. It connects up to a DLink DI624 wireless bb router and had been working fine. Yesterday, I plugged in a SmartMedia Pocket Reader with a Fuji Smart Media card to copy across some photos. System hung and I left it till this morning before doing a reboot (soft reboot). Now my system won't recognize the USB Wireless Adapter! I've tried different ports, a different usb adapter (same model), removed and re-installed all drivers & apps (for the adapter & motherboard), and a system restore.... I have another system that recognizes the apdapter so I know that is working fine. My system is XP SP2, patched up-to-date. The only thing I can think of is a corrupt registry setting but why that should effect just this device and for every usb port is baffling. Other usb devices still work fine on the system. Running out of ideas.....help!! Many thanks in advance

Reply to
bjones_007
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.