usb or pcmcia wireless with antenna connector

Hi,

I'm looking for a wireless card for my laptop that must be able to connect a antenna to it.

Does any one know of one??

Reply to
miguel-lopes
Loading thread data ...

Buffalo has several, this is what I'd get:

"

formatting link
" I have the older, non-MIMO high power card, and it's excellent. Don't get the regular, normal power card.

Reply to
SMS

"miguel-lopes" hath wroth:

Only one? Sure:

formatting link
are other variations on the same model at:
formatting link
antenna connector is an "MC Card" type, which is the same as Orinoco.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

looks good in writing, but they do not post to the uk :(

if you are in the uk

formatting link

Reply to
bongo

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:39:48 -0000, "miguel-lopes" wrote in :

Buffalo. Highly recommended.

Reply to
John Navas

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:10:39 -0800, SMS wrote in :

The normal power card works fine. There's no need for higher power at one end of the connection. That's like shouting across a distance when the person at the other end is speaking back at a normal level.

Reply to
John Navas

"John Navas" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

But is it compatible with linux?

What is it chipset? I didn't find anything about chipset!

Thanks

Reply to
miguel-lopes

Is the other person always speaking at a normal level? Do public access points always transmit at 30 mw, like the typical WiFi adapter?

When we sit on the beach in Mexico, I connect to an access point 2.2 miles away using a 200 mw HWU54D or HWU8DD adapter. Do you suppose the access point is transmitting at 30 mw?

I honestly don't know.

Reply to
Dave Rudisill

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:51:08 -0000, "miguel-lopes" wrote in :

I don't know.

I don't know.

When you hold things back in your question (Linux), you tend to get not such good answers. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:53:00 -0500, Dave Rudisill wrote in :

In general, public access points are balanced on transmit and receive to work with typical Wi-Fi clients. So a higher power client card might be able to transmit to an access point farther away, but not able to receive it.

Reply to
John Navas

I see. So that's why my Hawking adapters work so well with distant access points. They have good directional antennas for receiving and high transmit power for talking back.

Reply to
Dave Rudisill

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:43:33 -0500, Dave Rudisill wrote in :

transmitting.

The antenna helps both send and receive. Probably no real need for higher power.

Reply to
John Navas

"John Navas" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Is anyone using this card with aircrack??

on Windows and Linux??

Thanks

Reply to
miguel-lopes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.