USB Network Adaptor

are you insinuating that he might have an interest in, nay be employed by a wireless network card manufacturer? and that he might be in alt.internet.wireless, acting as something of a stealth civilian "policeman"?

hes not from the fcc, im sure, as all ~they~ are interested in is generating money through the SALE of spectrum chunks to private corporations, with complete disregard for the private citizens desires or needs. i doubt the fcc would care a wit if someone hacked a manufacturers cards after the fcc got its money.

Reply to
dave hillstrom
Loading thread data ...

probably the people who wrote the firmware know how. some devices have soft configuration of MAC addresses. In some cases you might even be able to set it with the windows device driver. But I have to ask a simple question: WHY would you want to do this in the first place? 'Illegal activity' is the only reason I can think of at the moment.

Most likely you would have to invoke undocumented functions on the device itself to assign the correct system variables in the firmware or flash memory data area. This is extremely device-dependent and maybe even manufacturer-dependent. Belkin would use a particular chip set (maybe raylink, maybe atheros, maybe TI, maybe broadcom, maybe conexxant, maybe ???) and may use more than one chip set throughout their product lines. If you can find out which chip set is involved, you may still not be able to do this since the manufacturer probably sets up the flash memory differently than the reference design for that manufacturer's chip set recommends.

(that was the long answer)

Short answer: unless the driver supports it, most likely you can't. And that's a good thing.

Reply to
Big Bad Bob

No, you have mine but you're right, it does work fine ;-)

jmh

Reply to
jmh

He's not touchy, he's just pointing out that you're apparently too stupid to post stuff to the correct newsgroup(s), because you complain when people from those other newsgroups reply appropriately to those groups.

Considering your response I don't think you should be casting any stones when it comes to being "touchy."

And apparently you're a special kind of stupid known as a "bigot" as well.

Nice.

P.S. Here's a few extra apostrophies: ''''''''''' Learn how to use them in words like "I'm" and "you're".

Reply to
HiEv

are you Leos lover? or just a close inbred relative that doesnt think he can handle me himself?

Reply to
dave hillstrom

Methinks you underestimate the number of bigots and homophobes.

Reply to
Auric__

[snip]
[snip]

So you're, not only a bigot against the French, but you're apparently a homophobe too?

Wow. You've just got all sorts of personality flaws, haven't you?

Or option #3: He has these things called "friends". You might not be familiar with the term, but generally speaking, friends stick up for one another.

If you had some real friends you might have been aware of that fact.

Of course, being a bigot and a homophobe that probably makes it difficult for you to find real friends.

I really do hope that someday you grow out of those personality flaws and learn to act like a mature, reasonable, decent human being.

Reply to
HiEv

omg. hiev, you old internet bastard...how's tricks?

Reply to
rock

I found it! in the Debian Bin, several appliances for the purpose.

Reply to
jumpin jeffery

"Internet bastard." Heh... I like that one.

Thing's aren't going too bad.

Do I know you by a different nick?

Reply to
HiEv

We roamed the same verizon froups a while back.

Reply to
rock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.