usb adapter cantenna

Nice photos but a bit small. It's difficult for me to see what's going on.

No. Under the metal shield is the entire RF section except for the antenna. The RF amplifier, if present, will be a tiny little chip.

The blue thing is the antenna.

formatting link
L shaped thing is a counterpoise which may or may not be grounded. The thin trace coming from the shield can is the RF output. Remove the can and see if there's a series capacitor on the trace where it enters the can. If so, then you don't need to add one. The bad news is that an RF connector or coax pigtail will need to added fairly close to the shield can. I can't tell for sure because the photo is so small and because there's a shadow to the left of the can just where I need to get a better look.

My guess(tm) is to either.

1. Unsolder the blue antenna and attach there. Be sure to find a nearby ground. There's probably one under the antenna but I can't tell from here.
  2. Cut the trace from the metal can to the antenna and attach a tiny coax cable. Ground to the base of the shield can, not the cover.

Well, the "F" is usually quite liberally interpreted. See:

formatting link
a rather larger variety of different PIFA styles.

You haven't destroyed anything yet. That's where the real learning starts.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
bjs555

That looks a lot like the Conifer 2400 that I have.

In a biquad, you said that you might try loops instead of squares, all that matters is the length of the loop. That brings two questions to mind:

Isn't the spacing across the square important to the biquad? Isn't it a phased array?

If the biquad were a biloop, would the elements be 124mm, or would they be

120mm, with 4 times 1mm left for the gap between the copper tube and the center conductor?
Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.