Upgrading DD-WRT to later version

Looong ago I uploaded the DD-WRT v23beta firmware to my Linksys WRT54G ver. 1.1. Twice today I tried to upgrade to v23SP2 via the Web interface, but there was no sign of anything at all happening.

Any ideas?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy
Loading thread data ...

Try going to the DD-WRT forum to ask.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

v23 development stopped about 7 months ago. v24 is the current version. See the "Release Candidates" tree under:

The current version is: v24 RC6.2

The downloads are now organized by chipset and model numbers. Your WRT54G v1.1 is under:

I recommend the "generic no_kaid" version.

If you can't upload via the web interface, I suggest you upload via using the TFTP method. When you think you're done with the upload, wait a few more minutes before tinkering with the router or power cycling the router.

Do not attempt to upgrade via a wireless connection.

If you're still having problems, ask the same question in the DD-WRT forums. Be sure to include what you're doing and how you're doing it so that the errors of your ways may be itemized in detail.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.