[UPDATE} Replacing DSL with Pt-to-Pt wireless link to FiOS

Update to earlier thread...

I have the LOCOM2 bridge associated with strong AirView stats and now passing traffic at 20Mbps up and down under load to a single remote laptop connected to the LOCOM2 station with dynamic 192.168.1.X IP delivered via DHCP from the FiOS Actiontec router. From the LOCOM2 bridge performance perspective, a success.

No luck getting fixed IP devices attached to the switch on a

192.168.168.X subnet to connect, however. Ideally, the separate subnet must be maintained.

As previously noted, I was hoping to use the SonicWall SOHO3 to NAT between the Actiontec's .1.X and remote LAN's .168.X subnets, but haven't been able to get that to work.

Any suggestions?

For background, as used in the DSL network, the SonicWall uses the DSL modem fixed customer IP and fixed ISP gateway as WAN addresses, translating to wired LAN gateway 192.168.168.1 and fixed wired/wireless .168.X addresses beyond.

Verizon delivers FiOS via 74.108.X.X IP (I suppose infers a 74.108.X.1 gateway) to the Actiontec router serving as wireless LAN gateway on

192.168.1.1 doing DHCP for dynamic .1.X addresses beyond.

Thanks.

Reply to
News
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.