Unstable Wireless Connection

Hi I just installed an SMC wireless router (Barricade Plus SMC7004WFW) to enable wireless access on my home DSL (12 MBPS). I have an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection on my Toshiba Satellite M-30. I connect fairly easily and strongly, but the connection lasts only five or so minutes. After that it goes nearly dead. Alternately, if I try the normal LAN Card connection on the same line, all is well. Any specific reasons why this happens? How do I rectify this? I am using WIN-XP Pro SP2. Pls help!

Reply to
kamal.krishna
Loading thread data ...

Are you using WiFi encryption? If so, turn it off and see how things go; if it works, add in WEP, then WPA-PSK TKIP, then WPA-PSK AES if you can.

Are there any other networks running in your locality (use netstumbler, or better still, Kismet under Linux)? If so, are they on the same channel? If so, switch channel, say, from 1 to 6, or 6 to 11 - non-overlapping frequencies. Do you have other 2.4GHz appliance in the vicinity of the router or lkaptop? (Cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens etc.)

Reply to
__spc__

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.