Unsing Netgear Wireless Access Point WG602 v3 with BT Voyager 220V ADSL Router

Has anybody had any experience of using a Netgear wireless WG602 v3 with BT's 220V Router?

My BT 220V router is connected to the microfilter in the phone socket and the WG602 v3 is then connected to the BT router. I have a USB wireless LAN adaptor on the pc. This all works ok and I am able to connect to the internet.

The problem I have is that there is no password protection on it so anybody within range of my wireless access point can use it to get on my broadband for free.

If anybody knows how these two can work together and have security so its not a free access point, I would be extremely grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks.

Reply to
ian_morgan_fluid
Loading thread data ...

On 27 Jul 2006 07:39:35 -0700, ian_morgan snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

You need to set up WPA protection between your Netgear WG602v3 and your USB wireless adapter using a strong passphrase. See wikis below.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.