Unplugging and replugging D-Link AirPlus DWL-120+, and then connect to a WAP results a blue screen.

Hello.

How come every time I unplug and replug D-Link AirPlus DWL-120+ USB wireless network adapter (even on the same USB port), Windows 2000 SP4 (all updates) has to redetect and reinstall drivers? Also, when using its Configuration Utility v3.0.0.1 to connect to an WAP, I get a blue screen with tiacxusb.sys. The only way to fix this is to remove the DWL-120+ USB adapter, remove from device manager, reboot, replug the adapter, redetect, reinstall, reboot, and then I can connect without blue screens.

This is pretty annoying. I bought an USB wireless network adapters to use on multiple computers and old notebooks.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
ANTant
Loading thread data ...

network adapter (even on the same USB port), Windows 2000 SP4 (all updates) has to redetect and reinstall drivers? Also, when using its Configuration Utility v3.0.0.1 to connect to an WAP, I get a blue screen with tiacxusb.sys. The only way to fix this is to remove the DWL-120+ USB adapter, remove from device manager, reboot, replug the adapter, redetect, reinstall, reboot, and then I can connect without blue screens.

multiple computers and old notebooks.

The utility is the problem,selecting from the saved profiles two or three times a session gets me a BSOD under 98se and XP. edit your current profile instead and it should be ok

Reply to
Luddite

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.