Unique Situation

I am looking for a wireless router G+ that has a power switch on it instead of just the cord. I am needing to set it up in a photo studio that has 2.4Ghz wireless flash lighting set up and don't want to compromise my shoots. Would really like to find one with a H/W wireless switch but know that is not possible. Have found some wired models but no wireless ones with an external power switch for the unit. Any help would be appreciated.

-Zack

Reply to
zmmilem
Loading thread data ...

Does it have to be G+?

SMCWBR14-N

formatting link
you look closely at the picture of the rear side you can see the switch, I had to use the zoom.

Reply to
kev

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com hath wroth:

Will a lighted momentary push button do? The WRT54G has an "SES" button on the front for use during the initial setup. With alternative firmware, such as DD-WRT, it's possible to use this button as a wireless on/off switch.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I'd just put one of the in-cord lamp switches on my chosen router it if it's inconvenient to unplug in back.

Or use a power-strip with a switch.

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Duh. You could also seperate the router from the wireless. Buy an ethernet router for the routing. Buy a seperate wireless access point, or use a wireless router as an access point (see FAQ). When you don't wanna use the wireless, just turn off the power to the wireless access point leaving the ethernet router functional. I've done it this way at a local bar that didn't want wireless internet running after about 6PM.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

The SMCWBR14-N has a WLAN on/off switch so need to waste time going through a boot up cycle before using it.

Reply to
kev

I'd just put one of the in-cord lamp switches on my chosen router it if it's inconvenient to unplug in back.

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.