Unbridged Wired/wireless

What routers can have the wireless and wired networks unbridged so that the wired can be used for the office and the wired for the customers keeping the two networks separate?

Thanks

Keith B. Rosenberg

Reply to
Keith B. Rosenberg
Loading thread data ...

I don't have the details in front of me, but I remember reading that dd-wrt firmware can do that by putting the wireless interface on a VLAN by itself, or some such. I'm fairly sure I saw it in the dd-wrt forums somewhere. Sorry, I don't have a link.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Follow-up to my earlier post, which hasn't appeared yet or I'd have followed up to that one:

Here are a couple of links showing how to configure dd-wrt to keep wired connections separate from wireless connections.

formatting link
Google turned up more, but this might get you thinking.

Reply to
Char Jackson

If you already have a router for the office you could add one of zyxel's

3100 series access points.
Reply to
LR

wireless and wired networks unbridged

Cisco - of course, but may be too costly.

Reply to
bod43

Yeah the Cisco is too expensive for the potential user. It is for someone who rents out a couple of bedrooms and wants to offer internet access but not allow the renters on the owners network.

Thanks for all of the answers!!!!

Reply to
Keith B. Rosenberg

I assumed it was for a larger business. Cheaper solutions have been discussed previously and Jeff's response from one:-

Reply to
LR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.