unbrick whr-hp-g54

I flashed a new whr-hp-g54 router with dd-wrt.v23_generic firmware. The router had the default settings out of the box. I cannot log in to the router with 192.168.1.1 user name root password admin. I also tried to log in with 192.168.11.1 root as user name and no luck also. Is it possible to restore this router ?

Reply to
d11
Loading thread data ...

I found this info on unbricking so what the heck, I might as well try this solution.

formatting link

Reply to
d11

The TFTP method works for me. I bricked one when I rebooted too quickly after flashing the router. When it says it's done and to click "continue", but it's still busy doing something inside. Go away for perhaps 3-5 minutes and then click "continue".

I haven't had any luck with shorting the pins method on a WRT54G. I haven't had to try it with a Bufallo.

If you want go back to the original Buffalo firmware, DD-WRT maintains a small archive at:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

It does not sound like a brick if you can try to login. I found this on the dd-wrt wiki and i wonder if it applies to you. at least you could try logging in using telnet and see if you can connect. Some things don't work with firefox according to the wiki as well.

formatting link
Additional to WHR-HP-G54 - Changing boardflags

Since v23 SP2, this is no longer necessary. See WHR-HP-G54#Built-in_amplifier for details.

Telnet to router. Telnet is a network command environment. Open a telnet session in windows by typing telnet 192.168.1.1 in a command window. The username is 'root', password 'admin' Enter the following commands nvram show | grep boardflags boardflags=0x1758

~ # if you have 0x1758, change it to 0x2758 Use this code: nvram set boardflags=0x2758 nvram commit reboot This setting appears to turn on a feature on the HP receive side, dramatically increasing receive capability. This feature is not saved with the GUI Backup, so must be redone after every instance of going to default.

snipped-for-privacy@anywhere.com wrote:

Reply to
Chris Mcnally

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.