Unable to contact DHCP server

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm not a networking person by any means, but I've been able to set up my home network in the past. I just upgraded to a Linksys WRT300N and I'm able to get both my laptops on the network. However, my desktop fails to obtain and IP address. I get the message "An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

I've read countless forum posts about winsock corruption or reinstalling TCP/IP protocol. All of this sounds extreme and I don't know enough about windows or networking to feel comfortable doing any of it.

Does anybody have any experience with this type of error? My desktop is running windows XP SP2. My card is a Trendnet TEW423PI 54Mbps

802.11g. My router is set to BG-mix, WPA, and Wireless MAC filter is disabled. I've also tried netsh reset which didn't work.

Thanks!

Reply to
jenfavre
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.