Unable to connect wirelessely to my 802.11b netgear MR814 wifi router from windows xp laptop..

Hi,

- I have MR814 wifi router. I have my desktop wired to this router and it works fine. I used to connect my DELL laptop to this router through netgear MA512 wifi adapter (PCI card).. Things were fine for couple years,,

- Recently (07) I switched to a new DELL laptop (processor with builtin wifi adapter 802.11 G/B).. I am able to see my SSID in available networks with strongest signals, my laptop would always connect to others non-encrypted 802.11 G/B wifi n/w.

- Also if I select my SSID from available networks it attemnpts to connect but then connects to availble n/w..

- I have no MAC filterting, use router as DHCP server, no encryption..

- While my new laptop connects to other G/B networks will not connect to my router at home..

- Also the Dell WLAN utility detects signal from my network but windows wireless utility does not show my SSID in available wirelss n/ w..

- Any thoughts..

SIncerely SV..

Reply to
saravanan.npm
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.