Two wireless hosts under the same Access Point can't ping each other

Hi all,

i have two wireless PCs with Static IP address and Win XP Pro, connected under the same access point.

Each wireless PC CAN ping every wired device and the access point, BUT CANNOT PING THE OTHER WIRELESS PC UNDER THE SAME AP.

I have no Windows Firewall, disabled MAC LIST on the AP.

Could anyone help me?

thanks in advance....

kAKOBAN

Reply to
kAKOBAN
Loading thread data ...

"kAKOBAN" hath wroth:

Could I trouble you to disclose the maker and model of this "access point"?

Ummm... Your caps lock key seems stuck. You might want to fix it or buy a new keyboard.

If your wireless device happens to be a Linksys WRT54G, check if the misnamed "AP Isolation" feature is enabled. Turn it off. This is designed to prevent users from attacking each other via wireless in a hot spot environment. Other wireless routers and access points have a similar feature, although with the more correct "client isolation" name.

See:

formatting link
's 2nd from the bottom on the list of advanced features.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks Jeff, the AP is a 3Com 8250 (2CRWE825075A).

We added a MAC list to prevent un-authorized accesses and after we encountered this problem. Now, we have no MAC list active, but the problem is still present.

kAKOBAN

Reply to
kAKOBAN

"kAKOBAN" hath wroth:

That's a 3CRWE825075A. Watch the typos please. |

formatting link
The feature list includes: Client-to-client and uplink filtering block direct communications between other wireless users associated to the access points which is exactly what you're experiencing. Find this setting in the access point setup and turn it off.

That which is most obviously correct, beyond all need of checking, that nobody would ever think of touching, is the problem.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
amazona_gr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.