Tweaks to improve wireless connections with DI-624 router?

Hello!

Are there any ways to improve my wireless connections to a D-Link DI-624 wireless router (Firmware Version: 2.42, Wed, 31 Mar 2004)? Are there any tips/tweaks to try in the router's configurations?

I use Windows XP Professional SP2 and a Hawking Technology's Hi-Gain USB Wireless-G Adapter (Model: HWU54D)'s network software/driver. I even tried my friend's older D-Link USB D-Link AirPlus DWL-120+ and it had similar problems. I am assuming it is a location problem instead of a computer problem. However with the current setup/layout, I cannot relocate the router and my computer at this time (nor use a wired network cable).

Envara Configuration Utility v2.5.1 (3/18/2004) showed: Link quality/Signal Strength: 66% (good status in Windows XP's wireles s network connection status) Network Rate: 7 Mbps SNR: 9 dB Device Name: ENVARA WiND 802.11g Regulatory Domain: FCC (US) Driver Version: 1.4.46.23 Firmware Version: 0002 - 0166 / 0045 - 00B0 NVM Version: 2040010 - 26

Pings to D-Link DI-624 router in DOS box showed: Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1: Packets: Sent = 73, Received = 64, Lost = 9 (12% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 9ms, Average = 2ms

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
ANTant
Loading thread data ...

you can try upgrading the firmware to version 2.5, but there is definetly something wrong, since a 66% signal streangth should give you way more then

7MB/s.
Reply to
DLink Guru

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.