Turning off wireless signal on D-Link DI-624

I have a D-Link DI-624 with the latest firmware and it does not have a means to turn the wireless transceiver on or off. It is on always.

Guy

midjet wrote:

Reply to
nospam
Loading thread data ...

I have a D-Link DI-624, hardware version A1 (there are three hardware versions, A1, B2 and C according to the web site) (note: I do *not* have the DI-624+ or the DI-624M)

Firmware Version: 1.24 Firmware Date: 23 Jul 2003

I downloaded this and installed it a couple months ago so my DI-624 would talk to a WMP54G. Just checked again, firmware 1.24 is the latest.

Home tab, Wireless section

I see:

SSID Channel WEP (enable or disable) WEP Encryption (64 or 128 bit) Key Type (HEX or ASCII) Key1 Key2 Key3 Key4

What hardware versions and firmware versions are you looking at and where in the configuration menu are you looking?

I'm convinced there are versions that have the on/off button and there are versions that do not.

Guy

DL> I am currently looking at all three versions of the DI-624 and in the

Reply to
nospam

I am currently looking at all three versions of the DI-624 and in the configuration menu all 3 have the ability to turn on/off the radio. I dont think you are looking in the right place.

Reply to
DLink Guru

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.