TrendNet TEW 432BRP dropping connection

Hi everyone !

I have a 432rbp sharing internet to 5 notebooks with a speedstrem 5200 connection. No 2.4ghz phone and no microwave near... The problem: there are too many drops.... My notebook connect drops many times in a day... If a connect trough cabe, it drop less than wireless, but still have drops... I just tried changing channel without success...

What can be happens ?

Thx for all Bye.

Reply to
fredBH
Loading thread data ...

fredBH hath wroth:

Well, there are several possibilities. It could be your TrendNet TEW-432BRP needs a firmware update. Check the Trendnet web pile.

Another possibility is that you're still getting some intererence. If you're in an RF polluted environment, changing channels may not be sufficient. See:

for a laundry list of possible sources of interference.

The TEW-432BRP might be defective. Try a different wireless router and see if that fixes the problem.

However, the fact that you're also getting dropouts from your DSL connection via ethernet, as well as via wireless, indicates that the problem is probably NOT the wireless connection. The Speedstream 5200 has some built in diagnostics that should show something. Note that there are also firmware updates for the 5200:

formatting link
Incidentally, the repeat feature on your "period" key appears to be sticking. You might want to clean the crud out from under the key.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.