Trendnet Router keeps on dropping internet connection

Hello,

I have a trendnet TEW-431BRP 4 port wireless G router. I have it connected to a cable modem (Rogers Yahoo high speed).

Every hour or so, the router (it appears to be a router issue) drops my internet connection and then immediately re establishes a link (so i am down for approximately one minute.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

I disabled the wireless protion, and no success.

I disconected all LAN cables and no success.

The traffic light between the router and cable modem blink constantly ast a fast pace, even in the above situation (no lan connections attached or enabled).

I also diabled logging in the router and still no improvement.

Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

snipped-for-privacy@generation.net

Reply to
Mark
Loading thread data ...

how about finding out what your signal levels are?

mike

Reply to
mike

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft" so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

So st> Hello,

Reply to
Joker

This group isn't just for Microsoft Hardware!

Oh I see! You crossposted to other groups where your compliant isn't relevant. Tch tch!

Reply to
Graham Watson

make sure you are using the makers driver & not a windows (MS) one. it is part of the windows driver & xp routine that checks every so often if it has the best local connection.

there is a reg hack for it but i dont have the url listed do a google search.

else it is someting else on 2.4GHz, (like a dect phone etc) blocking your signal.

mike

Reply to
mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.