Tranzeo CPE customer access?

I just got wireless internet service and the guy installed a Tranzeo CPE200 19 db antenna on my house. I think he set it up with his laptop and probably passworded it. Wondered if anyone could answer some questions I have:

Is there any way I can get a signal strength indication from the Tranzeo?

When I wardrive down the road in the direction of the Tranzeo signal, I can never detect it's signal. When I get close to the sending radio-antenna 7.5 miles away, I have no problem picking up the channel

9 802.11b he is using. Why is this?

If I ever change to another WISP, will I be able to reset and use Tranzeo software to change this antenna? I paid for purchase and installation so it is mine.

Reply to
JW
Loading thread data ...

Yes, go into the Tranzeo software. If he didn't give you access, it's probably because he doesn't want to be running out to your house all the time and fixing problems you create.

Your CPE isn't an access point.

Ask your ISP if you actually bought it, or if you got any papers/contracts when you signed up check them for details. You sound as though you are assuming you are the owner because you paid a fee, tain't necessarily so.

Reply to
Rôgêr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.