TomsHardware.com Cracking WEP key articles?

Tom's Hardware appears to have taken down the "How to crack WEP keys" parts 1 and 2, and replaced them with a "Don't use WEP" collumn. Does anyone have them cached somewhere?

I'm mostly interested in getting Kismet up and running from a bootable CD, but need to find a compatable WiFi card, as the Intel 2200bg card in my Dell laptop isn't supported. I really just want a scanning tool that'll find networks with SSI disabled, so I can configure client's networks to avoid channels that are in-use but hidden from WinDoze and NetStumbler.

Thanks!

Reply to
William P. N. Smith
Loading thread data ...

They're still there.

Reply to
Rôgêr

Ah, so they are:

formatting link
Thanks!

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

I discussed this in another group, don't mean to beat a horse that doesn't need it. I feel like it's one thing to post info on the security flaws that exist and what can be done to prevent dastardly deeds from being done. It's another matter entirely to post "How to break into someone's network and make them wish they were never born" in a step-by-step how-to article. "Know thy enemy" does not translate into posting "Creating Havoc for the Masses" to me.

Reply to
Rôgêr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.