Tiscali & Netgear DG834G

Mark McIntyre wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

...and you're the one who selectively misquoted me to distort the meaning. Reread my post where I stated: "I freely admit my relative ignorance of updating the DG834G (and other routers) firmware over wireless. Updating router firmware is something I only use where necessary - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Other forms of firmware upgrade are or have been notoriously risky e.g. power failure during a motherboard BIOS update.

Kudos to Netgear for good design in this case. However, unless I am sure of my ground, my instinct is to use caution when updating a router's firmware."

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow
Loading thread data ...

newsflash: encryption is more than just a key.

Its not expected to. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

No, I'm the one who read wha you wrote as meaning precisely what I said above. If you interject parenthesised remarks, expect your post to become hard to decipher.

In any events I'm finished talking to you. IMHO you're clueless but too arrogant to admit you might be mistaken (I find the quote below to be remarkably apt) but there's no point prolonging the discussion.

Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

If Mark knows from experience that his changing the encryption setting via the wireless always leaves him locked out, who are we to argue :-)

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Your apology is accepted.

You had trouble with this? "I freely admit my relative ignorance of updating the DG834G (and other routers) firmware over wireless."

Byee.

[parenthesised remark is noted :-)]

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how bizarre.

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Frazer

settings,

Mystic Mark strikes again.

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Mystic Mark strikes again.

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.