Time limited access

hi..

i'm lokking for a solution.. i want to offer costumers timelimited access to my wireless network... but how can i do that?

i was thinking about a radius server that the AP calls when auth. the user.... but the user must be deleted after a certain time after first connect (i.e. the costumer will be handed a random generated username and password)

i run my own linux server and was wondering if there is a package that will give me:

radius server webpage to admin users and make random passwords/users delete users after lets say 3 hours (must be setable when generating user/password)

regards bo

Reply to
Bo Herrmannsen
Loading thread data ...

doh....

forgot to say that my server runs fedora 8 (all packages installed) and webmin to manage it

/bo

"Bo Herrmannsen" skrev i en meddelelse news:47d3e88b$0$15878$ snipped-for-privacy@dtext01.news.tele.dk...

Reply to
Bo Herrmannsen

Bo,

There are a number of options out there. What I need to know is the following:

1) What do you use to do the webpage redirect?

2) How many users will you have online at a time (on average)

3) Have you already selected your wireless equipment.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd like.

Chris Hutchison

formatting link

Reply to
NetSteady

yum install freeradius

configuring it is the doozy...

freeradius comes with various database connectors. I suspect one could write some php and perl to achieve the above.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

nothing.. i dont have a solution yet... i have tried with chillispot and freeradius/mysql... no luck... i cant get mysql and freeradius working together

5... 10 at max

yes.... WRT54GL.. thinking of loading it with dd-wrt

but again.. i'm looking for a simple thing... i got chillispot working... but it needs a radius server.. witch need to connect to sql to verify useres

"NetSteady" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Bo Herrmannsen

i got freeradius running...

i only miss the config part... freeradius wont load when setup to use mysql

it stops reading the config when it comes to sql... guess it cant find the sql module, but it is installed

so far i have installed(on top of fedora 8 - all packages):

formatting link
anyone have a running freeradius/mysql on a fedora box?

"Mark Mc>> hi..

Reply to
Bo Herrmannsen

try this....

formatting link
clik at the login link.... the chillispot part works... but it cant do an auth...

my guess is because freeradius is not working right...

but if i do a

radtest steve testing localhost 1812 theradiussecret

it gives me

Sending Access-Request of id 39 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812 User-Name = "steve" User-Password = "testing" NAS-IP-Address = 255.255.255.255 NAS-Port = 1812 rad_recv: Access-Accept packet from host 127.0.0.1:1812, id=39, length=71 Service-Type = Framed-User Framed-Protocol = PPP Framed-IP-Address = 172.16.3.33 Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0 Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen Filter-Id = "std.ppp" Framed-MTU = 1500 Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP

so i know that radius is ok... it's just not running with my sql

so at the login link i gave above one should thing that steve and testing for uer/pass should work.... but it does not

you will quickly note that the url is someway wrong

formatting link
but if i change the ip in the link it wont work at all

"Bo Herrmannsen" skrev i en meddelelse news:47d53099$0$15873$ snipped-for-privacy@dtext01.news.tele.dk...

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/freeradius-1.1.7-3.1.fc8.i386.rpm

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/net-snmp-utils-5.4.1-4.fc8.i386.rpm

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/freeradius-mysql-1.1.7-3.1.fc8.i386.rpm

Reply to
Bo Herrmannsen

i got radius and mysql working....

now i only have to figure out a way to enter a user and pass in the sql database....

but the login / ip nuumber problem is still there

but only 2 things to go is not bad

"Bo Herrmannsen" skrev i en meddelelse news:47d535c7$0$15872$ snipped-for-privacy@dtext01.news.tele.dk...

formatting link

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/freeradius-1.1.7-3.1.fc8.i386.rpm

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/net-snmp-utils-5.4.1-4.fc8.i386.rpm

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/Packages/freeradius-mysql-1.1.7-3.1.fc8.i386.rpm

Reply to
Bo Herrmannsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.