Thinkpad wireless dropout

Hi all.

I have been having a problem for months now that is driving me crazy. I have 2 Thinkpads - T40 and X60s - that have the exact same issue, as described below:

After being connected to a wireless router for some time, the system loses the wireless connection. When trying to re-establish the connection (e.g., repair mode on wireless or searching for available wireless networks) the system cannot find any wireless networks. Note that before this happens there are multiple networks in my area including my own device. The only solution is to reboot the system, after which wireless is stable for some time then repeats the error. Wireless can be stable for anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 days, but the timeframe of dropout is not consistent. It doesn't matter which wireless router I connect to because the local device cannot see ANY routers. Note that I have a Compaq laptop and a Macbook on the same wireless router that have no problems whatsoever.

Both machines have the most current wireless drivers. I have tried both the Lenovo/IBM drivers as well as the Intel drivers with the same result.

This is driving me bloody nuts. Any thoughts?

David.

BTW, Lenovo/IBM support isn't too helpful in this matter.

Reply to
davidwaldenlewis
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 04:48:27 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Disable power management on the wireless adapter.

[cross-posted to comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad]
Reply to
John Navas

Thanks John.

Testing on both laptops over the next couple days.

David

Reply to
davidwaldenlewis

worked like a charm!

making note to self on that one.

david

Reply to
davidwaldenlewis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.