The ULTIMATE WAR-DRIVING SETUP

1. Any laptop
  2. Z-Com XI-325HP+
    formatting link
    Pigtail
    formatting link
    3-foot parabolic antenna
    formatting link
    With this kit, you will easily pick up signals 3 miles away. With clear line of sight 15 miles is possible.

Total cost card + antenna is $135. Awesome.

john

Reply to
John Henckel
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:00:30 -0600, John Henckel wrote in :

Not terribly unobtrusive. :)

Reply to
John Navas

John Henckel hath wroth:

That should look really impressive spinning round and round on the roof of your vehicle. I presume you have a sun roof or drilled a big hole in the roof for the required pole?

I do have some questions: Why would you want to see signals 3 miles away? The GPS locations will be terribly inaccurate. Have you added direction indication to Netstumbler? You probably would not be able to connect to such distant access points due to the unsteady nature of the rotating antenna mounting. Wouldn't it be easier to just drive 3 miles and locate the access point exactly? I always use a relatively low gain antenna on my vehicle for war driving so that the locations will be accurate. I see several vendors offering maximum gain antennas allegedly for war driving. What am I missing or is thing being used for something other than war driving?

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You can stretch heavy foil across the dish, replace the feed horn with a small speaker, drive out to the park and play Beevis & Butthead quotes to people way far away.

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

LOL, i don't mind being told that I am clueless, if you can make me laugh, too. What about wartelecomuting? Like, get on top of a tall building and point it around, and see what you can find. Well, I guess is was not a very good subject line.

jh

Reply to
John Henckel

I read this as Wartle Comuting, and was struggling to work out if it was a mishearing of something, or some new form of maths....

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.