The Bad D-Link G604T !

Dear experts, Looking to replace my ADSL/Rooter access point D-Link G604T by a much more reliable one! This device is noisy (high-pitched noise) and at 13 m far I lost the wifi connection! Is there a way to increase the power of the wireless signal on this G604T? Otherwise which trademark/model should I buy for home application, easy to install, really reliable and well compatible with a lot others wifi devices? Thanks for your advices. Regards, Vik

Reply to
Vik
Loading thread data ...

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware?

John.

Reply to
Me

No, I didn't. Will I find this firmware on the web site of d-link? Are the settings identical far all countries (I'm based in Europe/ switzerland)? If it is a problem of not enough power of the wireless signal, do this could help to upgrade to a new firmware?

No recommendation on a good wireless adsl/router device (easy to install, really reliable and well compatible with a lot others wifi devices)?

Thanks to all. Vik.

Reply to
Vik

Not sure about the above, but get yourself a Draytek Vigour 2800G router and you won't be disappointed.

Regards, John.

Reply to
Me

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.